Over 600 attendees are expected to gather on Thursday, April 23rd, at Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi for CEED’s annual women in business awards. The event will also feature keynote speaker André Taylor, Founder & CEO of Taylor Insight Worldwide LLC, Entrepreneur, Business Coach, author, and regular contributor to ABC News.
The event will showcase the high achievements and volunteerism of CEED members, partners and supporters, serving up a great night of dinner, networking, and more.
“Over the last three decades, we use the evening to celebrate the achievements and support of our members and plan for the next series of innovations required to be relevant in today’s marketplace,” said Michelle Richards, CEED’s Founder and Executive Director.
Meet the 15 honorees below. They are not only small business owners and supporters of CEED, but man of them are driving job growth and honored for their work in the community.
- Kelly Pickett, Owner, KRM Enterprises – Detroit-based catering company
- Michelle Kantor, Partner, McDonald Hopkins LLC
- Catherine Koch, Founder and President, K-Tec Systems, Inc. – Certified woman-owned company and a Tier 1 supplier with Ford Motor Company, General Motors Company and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
- Sharon McRill, Owner and President, The Betty Brigade – Personal assistance and concierge company based in Ann Arbor
- Victor Frosh, Owner, Frosh Insurance Agency – One of few independent AAA agencies in Ypsilanti
- Norma LaVallee, Owner, Customized Training and Consulting LLC – Small business champion supporting aspiring and current entrepreneurs
- Carissa Serylo, Owner, SprayChic Airbrush Tanning, LLC – Based in Farmington Hills, used CEED loan to transition from home-based to first storefront.
- Julie Oldham, Business Growth Specialist, Michigan Small Business Development Center – As the business growth specialist with the Michigan Small Business Development Center (SBDC) office, Grand Rapids, Julie Oldham serves Macomb and Oakland counties’ small businesses.
- Tammy Eugenio, Rita Nelson, Trisha Stander, Owners, 3 Dogs 1 Cat 4 Detroit – Urban pet shoppe in Eastern Market located in 100-year old building.
- Wendy Thomas, Associate Regional Director, Michigan Small Business Development Center – 15-year veteran as Associate Regional Director for the Detroit area Michigan Small Business Development Center (SBDC).
- Tiffany Hart, President and CEO, Hart & Associates Construction – Certified woman-owned a road/site work, striping, and asphalt paving contractor located in Southwest Detroit.
- Denise Roberts & Richard Read, Sales Partners Troy – Transforms individuals into dynamic leaders.
- Nancy Grose, Business Development Specialist, U.S. Small Business Administration – Leads the U.S. Small Business Administration in connecting entrepreneurs to opportunity.
- Diana Caldwell, President and CEO, Pearl Pathways – 20-year veteran in life sciences field in Indiana.
- Susan Tipton, President and CEO, Chicago Steel Construction, LLC – Certified woman-owned company specializing in steel construction including the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago.